Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Friends

   This is a subject that I have a hard time tackling with Jacob. He is so forgiving and doesn't understand when someone is being mean to him. I have caught him on so many occasions flat out ignoring what was said to him. I don't have the heart to tell him what the other child had said was mean and not sure how to have him confront such a child either. I almost like it that he ignores them so that he can move on. He doesn't seem to hold grudges against them either, because the next time he is with them he is happy to see them and calls them his friend.
   He does have some friends that are excepting of is social awkwardness. Most are adults. I feel tears well up just thinking about it. I just wish more parents would talk with their children about his disability and how to behave around him. One child told him he would be an embarrassment while preforming to his face. What is sad is I have told his parents of his disability and it leaves me speechless as to why he said mean things to him. I guess the parents never discussed this to their child, I don't feel it is my job to teach other peoples children what is appropriate to say to others. But what this child has said to Jacob on numerous occasions is inappropriate to say to anyone.
   I also have encountered the tattle tail children too. Making sure I know every wrong doing of Jacobs because again they think everything he is doing is somehow bad. When some of it is social miscommunication between their child and mine.  Again these children were never told of Jacob's disability and for some odd reason enjoy seeing him get in trouble for some reason or another. He continues to forgive these kids too because either he really wants friends or his heart is just to big for this world.....which I believe the later. He is so loving and to those who treat him with the most respect he gushes all over them!

No comments:

Post a Comment