Thursday, May 12, 2016

Hen Hen

   We have added a new member to our little family this year and his name is Henry or as Jacob likes to call him "Hen Hen". With Hen Hen around things are definitely different around here some good and some bad. Jacob is finding ways to test us and see how far he can get with stuff before he is caught. The stinker knows our attention has been going towards Henry and he's banking on the extra 10 minutes he can squeeze in before bed playing the DS or grabbing that extra mini muffins pouch from the pantry while no ones looking. We have some new behaviors that have cropped up since the little guy came and we are trying to work through them. I knew there would be some transitional issues with Henry around, but its spilling over to everything from home, to dance, and now therapy. We are going to try to work though them the best we can, I know it will take time.
  Now there are moments when I see how much Henry makes Jacob pause and smile. He is not one to ask to hold him, which he has done maybe a hand full of times. But I asked him to here in this picture and as I came back into the room I caught him looking him over and kissing the top of his head. I heard him say "I love you Hen Hen" ever so quietly. I know he does love him in his own way and will be a great big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment