Monday, May 19, 2014

A long and bumpy road

  Just when you think things are starting to go your way something is bound to throw up a road block. This is my story. Well my son Jacobs story, through my eyes. Jacob is 6, he was diagnosed with PDD-NOS. For those of you who don't know what it means. Well neither did I, It means Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. I knew something was off with his behaviors when he was a few months old. Like that nagging pain in my knee from an old wound. In more simple terms PDD-NOS is basically the new lingo for Autism. I guess they have to change stuff around to confuse us Neurotypical people. He is all the way at the top of the spectrum which would be Aspergers.  I guess they also no longer want to use as a diagnosis now. Either way my little guy is smarter than a whip but doesn't deal well in social situations at all. He appears to have anxiety problems when under stress. One of the reasons he is now not in public school.....trying to find our normal. I know everyone perceptions of normal are different. I want him to have what I had growing up. Friends, a team and a school and a supporting family. His friends are few but ones who accept him for all his quirks, a team of people who try to the best to get him through his days, and he has always had the last one. Like a anchor unchanged throughout the years. School? Well that's another story....I have started this blog to help me get through the rough times and if it helps others in the process double bonus score! I do not even think I can cover in one post what we have been dealing with for years. I will do my best to cover any back story if I can, when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment